Meet Solna. More than just invoice templates.
Getting paid on time is probably one of your biggest concerns as a designer. You’re a creative though, not a spreadsheet enthusiast.
Using Excel or Word to create invoice templates is the obvious starting point when you first go freelance, but there’s a lot they can’t do. You have to manually chase your late paying clients, and you can’t customise invoices to reflect your branding. No one wants a designer with badly designed invoices
With Solna, you can easily create beautiful invoices, automate reminders, and get paid faster. Instead of spending ages formatting and entering data, you can send out invoices quickly and spend more time doing the design work you love.
Send invoices for FREE with Solna.
What should I include on my designer invoice template?
Getting paid on time (or even early!) depends on a few things. Some are out of your control, but others are well within it. Your invoice should include all the essential information if you want to maximise your chances of getting paid on time.
Keep is super simple: Stuffing your invoice with extras can turn it into information overload. Instead, strip it down to the most important details – bank details, due dates, and contact details. If you want to get paid quickly, make it easy!
Add your branding: It’s important for your clients to see your brand as a complete, whole concept. Your website, proposals, social media accounts all feature the same logo design, colour schemes, and branding. Why should your invoices be any different?
Outline the terms: Your clients want to know exactly what they’re paying for and how. First, break the costs down, whether they’re products, services, or expenses. Then, make sure you include the due date and any other important notes about payment (e.g. will there be a fee if they’re late?).
Don’t forget to say thank you: Those two simple words go a very long way. Running any business is about building and looking after your relationships, so it’s important to acknowledge clients when they’ve paid. And it’s especially important to thank them when they pay early!
Want a bespoke invoice template?
Our customisation functionality allows you to quickly create invoice templates that not only match your brand but also your industry. Sending the right kind of invoices, with all the relevant information can make a huge difference in whether you get paid on time or 4 weeks past the due date.
That’s not all, we have even more features!
- Create recurring invoices so you don’t constantly have to manual create one
- Download your invoices in PDF and send them via email.
- Bulk import invoices to save time when dealing with many invoices
- Personalise your invoices to match your brand and impress your clients
- Set automatic payment reminders to encourage your customers to pay you on time.
- Customize your payment reminder to be sent out on specific dates before and after an invoice is due
- Track exactly who’s viewed your invoices so you can properly chase your customers if required.
- Save all your invoices in the cloud for access on any device at any time
- Automatic calculate VAT calculations
- Track payments, partial payments, overdue invoices and more
- Invite your colleagues and accountant for multi-user access
- Create more than one account for your other businesses.
- Best in class online and chat support
- Secure bank-level security to ensure your data is always save
Smart invoicing for freelancers