Meet Solna. More than just invoice templates.
As a consultant, you’re all about smart insights and solving problems. So is Solna!
Whatever your area of expertise, getting paid on time and in full is probably one of your biggest priorities. If you’re using basic invoice templates on Excel or Word, you might find there’s a lot they can’t do. Solna gives you the tools to automate invoice reminders, customise your invoices, and get paid faster.
With Solna you can create invoices to match your professionalism and expertise, drop your logo into the design, and carry on with the more important stuff. Instead of spending ages downloading templates, making them fit your needs, and sending manual reminders to late-payers, Solna does it all for you
The user interface is super easy to use and full of smart features Your invoices are stored safely in the cloud, you’ll get read receipts when your invoice is opened, and you can even make automatic VAT calculations.
Sign up and send beautiful invoices for free with Solna.
What should I include on my consultant invoice template?
It’s important to include all the essentials, as well as a few helpful extras, if you want to be paid on time. Dealing with different people and a separate accounts department can result in major payment delays if you miss off a sort code here or a phone number there.
KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid): Your invoice should include payment details, the costs, expenses covered by the client, and your contact details. Make sure those details are all visible and easy to find so your client can process it quickly.
Company logo (if you have one): As you know, image is important in business. Looking professional means everything – even if the folders on your desktop are in desperate need of organisation. Your invoice should include your company logo so it can be linked straight back to you and your business.
Payment terms: It’s important to discuss payment terms and deadlines before you start working with a new client, so you both know what to expect. Add those same details to your invoice, including the due date, bank details, and any other essential info. If you offer a discount for early payment, or add late fees after so many days, make sure that’s clearly stated.
Add a thank you note: A simple thanks goes a long way, even when your invoices are automated. If you want to keep working with the same reliable clients, thank them for payment and let them know their custom is appreciated.
Want a bespoke invoice template?
Our customisation functionality allows you to quickly create invoice templates that not only match your brand but also your industry. Sending the right kind of invoices, with all the relevant information can make a huge difference in whether you get paid on time or 4 weeks past the due date.
That’s not all, we have even more features!
- Your invoices are tied to your customer's credit score — automatically see their ability to pay you.
- Create recurring invoices so you don’t constantly have to manual create one
- Download your invoices in PDF and send them via email.
- Bulk import invoices to save time when dealing with many invoices
- Personalise your invoices to match your brand and impress your clients
- Set automatic payment reminders to encourage your customers to pay you on time.
- Customize your payment reminder to be sent out on specific dates before and after an invoice is due
- Track exactly who’s viewed your invoices so you can properly chase your customers if required.
- Save all your invoices in the cloud for access on any device at any time
- Automatic calculate VAT calculations
- Track payments, partial payments, overdue invoices and more
- Invite your colleagues and accountant for multi-user access
- Create more than one account for your other businesses.
- Best in class online and chat support
- Secure bank-level security to ensure your data is always save
Smart invoicing for freelancers